Re: Easter Eggs and Monsters

Bandit Heeler
Brisbane
Queensland 
Australia


Dear Bandit,

I write to tell you of a rather silly mistake I made. But one which I had thought was well-informed.

Littles and I were watching Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster. Dreadful Scottish accents, by the way.

Isabelle speculated that the monster may be real. I told her that it would turn out to be a costume and/ or a robot. She said "But what if a real monster and not a robot costume thing?"

I said "Then you can have an Easter Egg before bedtime." I have a stash of them ready for the hunt, and was quite confident and perhaps a little smug.

Almost immediately after I had spoken, Velma said "Monster? I don't think so!"

Thank you, Velma!

Except this particular Scooby-Doo ended with a glimpse of what appeared to be the actual monster.

After some highly embarrassed soul-searching, the only decision I could make was to honour the agreement, without trying to duck out on a technicality.

Bedtime was not fun.

So, Bandit, I think I have three main takeaways from this episode:

1. Don't bet what you can't afford to lose. Not even on the absence of actual monsters from Scooby Bloody Doo!

2. Don't be a smartarse.

3. I would have got away with it, too, if it weren't for that meddling monster.

Give my love to Chilli and the girls. Hope they enjoy the Easter eggs I sent!

Best wishes,

Alastair.

P.S. Is Scooby-Doo still a dog in your world?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re: Christmas

Re: Adventures Involving Bunny Poo

Re: Bodies